Consultant (Associate Level)
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,000 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients.
We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing. For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Chemical, Manufacturing, Power, Mining and Technology, Media & Telecommunications. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet. Asset Management Consultant Site investigation and remediation mainly active in Walloon and Brussels regions About the service you will offer to our clients ERM’s Asset Management Service is aimed at helping clients resolve environmental liabilities and realize maximum value from their contaminated land challenges. We strive to develop risk-based soil and groundwater remediation strategies to protect human health and ecology, whilst satisfying our clients’ business goals and meeting regulatory obligations. We manage their risks and clean up their balance sheets, while keeping a close eye on costs and managing stakeholders’ expectations. Our global services include site investigation, risk assessment, remediation and redevelopment strategy development and implementation to help capture value from our clients’ active facilities and discontinued operations across the globe, supported by decommissioning and demolition services where needed.
About the profile we are looking for Our vision as an employer is to be the company that every environmental professional wants to work for, whatever your expertise may be. To achieve our vision, we want to engage curious and flexible people who are able to apply their talent and energy to respond to changes in the marketplace that impact the work we do for our clients. We pride ourselves in recruiting people who are eager to grow with ERM, in a way that satisfies their personal development ambitions and speaks to their interests, strengths and passions too. As part of the continued growth of our Asset Management service in Belgium, ERM has a great opportunity for you to join us as a Consultant in Brussels. We are looking for a French-speaking environmental scientist with a first experience in site investigation and remediation, who is keen to manage projects and keep up with the latest developments in our field of expertise. The role will be mainly focused on office-based work such as report writing and project management, however we are looking for someone who will not shy away from the site-based activities that come with this role.
About your role as Consultant
- Working in collaboration with other consultants, principal consultants and partners to deliver Asset Management projects from the site investigation until the remediation phase.
- Having the ability to succeed in a consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments simultaneously, meeting strict deadlines, managing project budgets and traveling to client facilities when needed.
- Depending on project size, managing complete projects, or supporting Senior Project Managers with specific tasks.
- Planning, implementing, and managing soil and ground water investigation, remediation and turnkey projects. Scope areas include Phase I and Phase II environmental assessments, vapour intrusion investigation, remediation feasibility studies and pilot testing, preparation of remedial action plans, bid documents and technical specifications, implementation of full-scale remediation projects. The project sites we work on are typically active facilities or legacy sites for clients in oil and gas, chemical manufacturing and other industries, as well as Brownfields.
- Doing quality control on and analysis of environmental data collected in the field or provided by the lab, preparing technical reports and assisting in proposal preparation for future work.
- Writing environmental desktop studies, site investigation and remediation verification reports, including data quality control, analysis and presentation.
- Performing occasional fieldwork (logging soils, overseeing soil and groundwater sampling, supervising and managing ERM project team and/or contractors on site).
- Willingness to travel and stay away from home for short periods (typically <5 consecutive nights), depending on project needs.
- Having good problem solving skills with the ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions.
- Coordinating and communicating with client representatives, laboratories, subcontractors and ERM employees.
- Supervising contractors and undertaking routine environmental monitoring during site investigations and remediation programmes, including health & safety management.
- Recommending appropriate actions to ensure compliance with all federal and local regulations.
About your skills and experience as Consultant
- The ideal candidate has 3 to 6 years’ experience in supporting site investigation, risk assessment or remediation work with exposure to fieldwork supervision in an environmental consultancy or remediation contracting firm.
- You have a BSc and MSc in bio-engineering, environmental science, hydrology, hydrogeology, geology, geochemistry, chemistry or similar.
- You have a good knowledge of the Brussels and Walloon legislation related to contaminated site management.
- You have experience in remediation techniques and design, tendering, and contractor management.
- You have excellent communication and team working skills.
- It is an absolute requirement that you are a native French speaker.
- You also have excellent English skills – both verbal and writing, Dutch is an asset.
- You own a driving license (B).
About the offer of ERM to you
Careers at ERM are a journey rather than a destination. Whatever career journey you decide to take, we will aspire to provide you with support, structure and opportunities to help you succeed.
- ERM is structured to encourage collaboration and networking among regional offices, providing opportunities to network with our (inter)national Technical Communities, site investigation and remediation technology experts to share best practices, access the best talent, and partner on consulting opportunities.
- We are a leading expert in several innovative technologies, including High Resolution Site Characterization techniques, thermal remediation, Enhanced Bioremediation, as well as green and sustainable remediation solutions. With a proven track record of excelling within complex and challenging project parameters, our outstanding work has led our clients to trust us with their most challenging sites across the globe.
- We offer you the possibility to work on multiple interesting projects, allowing you to develop technical skills in various areas as well as improving your project management skills. You will work independently and will have a valuable contribution on important projects.
- We offer a scope of internal trainings and a career path with the possibility to grow within the company over the years, possibly through development programs, as guided by the ERM Global Career Framework.
- We offer a salary, which is competitive to the market, and a good variety of secondary benefits such as 24 vacation days, group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, laptop and mobile phone, meal vouchers and 100% payment of public transport from home to work. Our offices are located near main train stations.
Join ERM and you will be helping to build a cleaner, safer and more sustainable planet for generations to come. Please follow this link to apply directly through our website: https://erm.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ERM_Careers/job/Brussels/Consult...
VMx biedt tal van voordelen voor alle milieuprofessionals. Verneem hier meer waarom u lid moet worden van VMx vzw.