Sustainability Program Coordinator
Ideally this role will be based in London, Oxford, or Brussels, however applicants from other locations will also be considered. The focus of the role is to support the Sustainability Program Manager and Senior Program Manager with performance measurement, reporting and internal stakeholder engagement. This includes co-ordinating all data inputs associated with ERM’s sustainability key performance indicators (KPIs) and targets, and supporting external reporting commitments. This data is sourced from two main streams: individual office/Business Unit (BU) submission of data via the Ecometrica sustainability software system, and data from other centrally managed systems sourced via global functions (HR, Finance, H&S, Legal etc.). The role has responsibility to co-ordinate all aspects of data management from collection, to collation and preparation of internal and external reporting. This includes ensuring the highest standards of data quality, and accuracy and timeliness of reporting through development and implementation of appropriate controls.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Project manage ERM’s sustainability data reporting cycle;
- Act as Systems Manager for Ecometrica, the software solution ERM uses to manage data collection from offices and Business Units
- Management of the support contract, ensuring service delivery on time, budget (in line with Statement of Work (SOW)).
- Plan and prioritise Ecometrica tasks for presentation for approval
- Manage the Ecometrica system, in accordance with ERM system management requirements (as set out by IT)
- Coordinate ERM’s Sustainability Network and global data owners to understand their roles and accountabilities through communication and training, and engage with data owners, to meet annual data reporting cycle
- Maintain documentation for data collection, consolidation and reporting procedures and protocols in line with best practice standards and industry trends;
- Manage the quality assurance and verification processes, including co-ordination of the Technical Panel and annual internal assurance;
- Coordinate the data aspects of ERM’s performance measurement to ensure a timely and efficient workflow
- Liaise with Program Manager, Technical Panel and CVS assurance team to implement global reporting standards (GRI, UN global Compact, GHG Corporate Protocol), identify and resolve issues, and research alternative methodologies or processes;
- Recommend and build training to support performance measurement (including managers and Network);
- Support development of training and other communication materials
- Track progress against ERM’s science based targets, to reduce Greenhouse gas emissions in line with climate science. This includes measurement, reporting, and verification
- Greenhouse gas data analysis, both locally and globally, to support the implement planning to achieve progress toward the reduction targets.
- Assist with the development of business support materials that can be used by consulting staff to demonstrate ERM’s internal approach to sustainability
- Manage and maintain ERM’s sustainability FAQ,. to help ERM employees address sustainability-related questions for proposals, sustainability assessment etc
Candidate requirements (essential):
- At least an undergraduate degree, preferably in a sustainability-related areas
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in a related field
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge and understanding of sustainability (economic, environmental, social disciplines) and the role of data-driven decision making.
- Excellent attention to detail, and strong project management and coordination skills
- Ability to use MS Office applications, in particular Excel, and knowledge management tools
- Experience in working with Greenhouse gas(GHG) datasets and international standards, and some technical understanding of GHG measurement, inventories and reporting.
- Ability to effectively manage workloads and assign priorities to tasks to meet agreed delivery times and strive for constant improvement and/or development. Candidate requirements (desirable):
- Demonstrate understanding or direct experience of using a sustainability data platform
- Experience working for a professional services firm
- Flexibility to undertake a range of complex tasks and to work hours necessary to meet business objectives, particularly during the intense periods in the reporting cycle
- Experience working with a geographically disbursed team.
VMx biedt tal van voordelen voor alle milieuprofessionals. Verneem hier meer waarom u lid moet worden van VMx vzw.