Senior Consortia Project Manager
Telefoonnummer: 078 6333470
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Sustainability describes what we do day in day out at ERM: within our own operations, how we deliver our projects, and through the services we provide to our clients. From liaising with local communities to developing health and safety programs, ERM consultants play a key role in helping clients achieve their strategic goals. They remove risk, they improve sustainability and they enable future growth. Although no two consulting roles at ERM are the same, they all come with the same level of career development opportunities and learning support. As a new consultant at ERM, you will gain a wealth of experience across different sectors, clients, geographies and services, all of which will help shape your future career.
ReachCentrum was created in June 2006 by Cefic (the European Chemical Industry Council) to help companies all through the value chain to prepare and implement REACH and Biocides. Since 2015, ReachCentrum is owned by Environmental Resources Management (ERM), the world’s leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services.
REACH is a European Union regulation adopted to protect human health and environment against the risks that chemical substances pose, and to improve the competitiveness of the chemical industry in the EU. ReachCentrum’s professionals help businesses in the chemical industry navigate through the business implications of REACH, CLP and Biocides legislation and processes.
REACH mandates chemical companies to register their substances manufactured or imported in a joined effort with other potential registrants of the same substance. In order to prepare the necessary communication and decision making processes, companies organize themselves in REACH consortia.
Currently ReachCentrum is managing about 100 consortia, which require tailored advice on regulatory compliance at all stages of the REACH Regulation. To strengthen its expertise in the chemicals regulatory field and enhance the support provided to clients, ReachCentrum is seeking an experienced Consortia Project Manager to be part of its dynamic team.
As a Project Manager, you support Members by managing the entire administration and activities of the consortium. The aim of your role is to lead the project management of new and existing consortia, support projects and consultancy. Depending on the stage, this requires solid skills with respect to:
- project management
- executing administrative responsibilities and financial management
- Ability to work on different projects in parallel
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adjust the action plan continuously
- ReachCentrum has extended its product portfolio over the past several years and is developing new services in relation to global REACH-like regulations.
Depending on your experience, you will contribute to the development of the services and the execution of consultancy. You will report to the Operations Director or the ReachCentrum team lead depending on seniority and will be supported by ReachCentrum staff.
Additional requirements include
- REACH expertise and in depth knowledge of EU policy on Chemicals;
- Negotiation skills;
- Collaborating and communicating with companies to advocate common-interests;
- Adaptability to work on tight deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Organize consortia activities;
- Maintain, communicate and manage the consortia planning;
- Maintain administration (including financial management) and organize communication with other stakeholders;
- Facilitate consortia meetings both technical and executive ones
- Lead discussions and build consensus;
- Coordinate the ongoing technical work of the consortia;
- Prepare drafts of the legal documents when required
- Support clients in day-to-day REACH/biocides related business operations;
- Maintain contacts with third parties and authorities (ECHA, European Commission etc.) on behalf of clients;
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in regulatory management;
- Thought leadership: leading directive and acting on behalf of the client;
- Resolve challenges: solve clients’ concerns and create solutions for foreseeable issues;
- Insight on latest industry trends to present opportunities and avoid pitfalls;
- Advisor to client(s) about potential impact of the regulations, demonstrating foresight and contributing to his/her success;
- Recognize potential issues and propose viable solutions. Liaise with clients to generate creative solutions.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional who has:
- A (Master) degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, management or similar;
- Solid knowledge of REACH and experience with European chemicals law (REACH and CLP). Highly attractive if you have experience in Biocidal Product Regulation;
- 5-10 years of experience within the chemical industry or authorities;
- Consultancy skills and experience of working within a consulting environment;
- Relevant Project Management experience preferably within chemicals industry;
- Proven record of working with multiple stakeholders in joint projects where communication and decision making are critical;
- Effective communicator in English, active listener and excellent interpersonal skills.
VMx biedt tal van voordelen voor alle milieuprofessionals. Verneem hier meer waarom u lid moet worden van VMx vzw.