Consultant Asset Management
Telefoonnummer: 078 6333470
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Sustainability describes what we do day in day out at ERM: within our own operations, how we deliver our projects, and through the services we provide to our clients. From liaising with local communities to developing health and safety programs, ERM consultants play a key role in helping clients achieve their strategic goals. They remove risk, they improve sustainability and they enable future growth. Although no two consulting roles at ERM are the same, they all come with the same level of career development opportunities and learning support. As a new consultant at ERM, you will gain a wealth of experience across different sectors, clients, geographies and services, all of which will help shape your future career.
ERM’s Asset Management Service is aimed at helping clients resolve environmental liabilities and realize maximum value from their contaminated land challenges. We strive to develop risk-based remediation strategies to protect human health and ecology, satisfy our clients’ business goals and regulatory obligations, and manage their risks and clean up their balance sheets, while controlling costs and managing stakeholder expectations. Our global services include decommissioning, demolition, remediation, risk assessment and redevelopment strategies to help capture value from discontinued operations across the globe.
As part of the continued growth and innovation of our Asset Management service, ERM has a great opportunity for you to join us as a Consultant in Antwerp. This role is a good mix of office and field/site based work, however we are looking for someone who will not shy away from the site based activities and development opportunities of this role.
A description of your role as Consultant
- Working in collaboration with other consultants, principal consultants and partners to deliver contaminated site management projects from the investigation until the remediation phase;
- Having the ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines and traveling to client facilities when needed;
- Depending on project size, following projects as Project Manager or supporting Senior Project Manager;
- Having good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions;
- Preparing technical reports, documents, and assisting in proposal preparation for future work;
- Depending on former experience and expertise, willingness to travel and stay away from home for short periods (typically <5 consecutive nights);
- Coordinating and communicating with client representatives, subcontractors and ERM employees;
- Supervising contractors and undertaking routine monitoring during site investigations and remediation programmes;
- Recommending appropriate actions to ensure compliance with all federal and local regulations.
A description of your work as Consultant
- Planning, implementing, and managing soil and ground water investigation, remediation, turnkey site investigation and environmental construction management projects. Scope areas include site investigation, Phase II environmental assessments, vapour intrusion investigation, Brownfields, Feasibility Studies, Remedial Action Plan, bid documents and technical specifications, pilot testing, and field oversight of remedial/construction/support trade subcontractors;
- Performing regular fieldwork (logging soils, overseeing soil and groundwater sampling, supervising and managing contractors on site);
- Performing health and safety planning and oversight: ensure safety of oneself and team members during project operations;
- Following and monitoring project budgets;
- Producing environmental desk study, site investigation and verification reports by undertaking both office and site based work;
- Office support (data manipulation and presentation, reporting, etc.).
Our vision as an employer is to be the company that every environmental professional wants to work for, whatever your expertise may be. To meet our vision, we need people who are flexible and can adapt their talent and energy to match changes in the marketplace that impact the work we do for our clients. We pride ourselves on recruiting people who possess the flexibility to grow with ERM, in a way that meets your needs and works with your own personal interests, strengths and passion too.
Other skills and experience that fit into this profile as Consultant
- Professional working experience of 4 to 8 years’ in supporting site investigation, risk assessment or remediation work with exposure to fieldwork supervision in an environmental consultancy;
- You are qualified to a degree level with a BSc and MSc in a combination of any environmental science, hydrology, hydrogeology, geology, geochemistry or chemistry discipline or similar;
- You have knowledge of the Flemish legislation in contaminated site management and remedial techniques;
- You have excellent communication and team working skills;
- It’s an absolute requirement that you are a native Flemish speaker;
- You also have excellent English skills – both verbal and writing;
- You own a driving license (B).
Careers at ERM are a journey rather than a destination. Whatever career journey you decide to take, we will aspire to provide you with support, structure and opportunities to help you succeed.
- ERM is structured to encourage collaboration and networking among regional offices, providing opportunities to network with our (inter)national service team and remediation technology experts to share best practices, access the best talent, and partner on consulting opportunities;
- We are a leading expert in several innovative technologies, including High Resolution Site Characterization techniques, thermal remediation, Enhanced Bioremediation, as well as green and sustainable remediation solutions. With a proven track record excelling within complex and challenging project parameters, our outstanding work has led our clients to trust us with their most challenging sites across the globe;
- We offer you the possibility to work on interesting multiple projects, allowing you to develop skills in various areas. You will work independently and will have a valuable contribution on important projects;
- We offer a scope of internal trainings and a career path with the possibility to grow within the company over the years, possibly through development programs;
- We offer a salary which is competitive to the market, and a good variety of secondary benefits such as 30 vacation days, pension fund of which the premium is fully provided for by ERM, 8% vacation allowance, laptop and mobile phone, and 100% payment of public transport from home to work. Our offices are located near the main train stations in Belgium and The Netherlands.
Join ERM and you will be helping to build a cleaner, safer and more sustainable planet for generations to come.
VMx biedt tal van voordelen voor alle milieuprofessionals. Verneem hier meer waarom u lid moet worden van VMx vzw.