ASSET MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
Telefoonnummer: 078 63 33 470
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,000 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Chemical, Manufacturing, Power and Technology, Media & Telecommunications. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
About the service you will offer to our clients
ERM’s Asset Management Service is aimed at helping clients resolve environmental liabilities and realize maximum value from their contaminated land challenges. We strive to develop risk-based remediation strategies to protect human health and ecology, satisfy our clients’ business goals and regulatory obligations, and manage their risks and clean up their balance sheets, while controlling costs and managing stakeholder expectations. Our global services include decommissioning, demolition, remediation, risk assessment and redevelopment strategies to help capture value from discontinued operations across the globe.
About the profile we are looking for
ERM is seeking a motivated Consultant to join our team in Antwerp or Brussels, Belgium.
In your new role you will be part of the team that is managing projects for a major ERM-client in the oil- and gas industry. You will support the client meeting his environmental and safety objectives in an international context. You will be part of a dynamic and inspiring team operating in an exciting work environment with many learning and development opportunities.
About your responsibilities as Consultant
- Provide leadership and commitment to improve clients project performance;
- Oversee consultants and contractors to ensure work tasks, schedules, budgets, product quality, costs etc. meet the expectations;
- Ensure works are in compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Ensure clients safe work practices and procedures to manage health & safety risks associated with the activities are in place, are implemented and are effective;
- Provide technical and quality review of technical documents and regulatory submissions;
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic plans for the clients projects;
- Assist in the development and update of project specific budgets;
- Carry out regular site visits to mentor and steward clients safety requirements;
- Facilitate regular, appropriate communication with clients internal business lines;
- Facilitate and lead discussions at regulatory meetings to develop the best long-term cost effective liability management.
About your skills and experience as Consultant
In order to be able to take on this responsibility you will be trained on the job and learn how to manage projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- The ideal candidate that we are looking for has 4 to 8 years’ experience in supporting site investigations, risk assessments or remediation works;
- You are qualified to a degree level with a BSc and MSc in a combination of any environmental science, hydrology, hydrogeology, geology, geochemistry or chemistry discipline or similar;
- You are a native Dutch or French speaker;
- You have excellent English language skills – both verbal and writing;
- You own a driving license (B);
- You have knowledge of environmental legislation in Flanders, Brussels and/or Walloon region;
- You have excellent communication and team working skills;
- You are able to work effectively in advocacy and industry groups;
- You can demonstrate leadership skills, ability to provide global direction to consultants/define both strategic and tactical goals and objectives;
- You are a motivated, enthusiastic team player;
- You have the ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
About the offer of ERM to you
Careers at ERM are a journey rather than a destination. Whatever career journey you decide to take, we will aspire to provide you with support, structure and opportunities to help you succeed.
- ERM is structured to encourage collaboration and networking among regional offices, providing opportunities to network with our (inter)national practice team and remediation technology experts to share best practices, access the best talent, and partner on consulting opportunities.
- We are a leading expert in several innovative technologies, including high resolution site characterization techniques, thermal remediation, enhanced bioremediation, as well as green and sustainable remediation solutions. With a proven track record excelling within complex and challenging project parameters, our outstanding work has led our clients to trust us with their most challenging sites across the globe.
- We offer you the possibility to work on interesting multiple projects, allowing you to develop skills in various areas. You will work independently and will have a valuable contribution on important projects.
- We offer a scope of internal trainings and a career path with the possibility to grow within the company over the years, possibly through development programs.
- We offer a salary, which is competitive to the market, and a good variety of secondary benefits such as 24 vacation days, additional seniority and performance related vacation days, group insurance, hospitalization insurance, laptop and mobile phone, meal vouchers and 100% payment of public transport from home to work. Our offices are located near main train stations.
Join ERM and you will be helping to build a cleaner, safer and more sustainable planet for generations to come.
VMx biedt tal van voordelen voor alle milieuprofessionals. Verneem hier meer waarom u lid moet worden van VMx vzw.